I just finished the book "The Ultimate Gift." It only took me a few hours and was a really easy read. I truly enjoyed this book. If you haven't read it, you should. It just is all around good and makes you really think about your life and how you are living. THere is movie based on the book and I watched it last night and it was ok. It's a cute movie and has a good message but it is NOTHING like the book and the book is SO much better. I know that that is how most movies that are based on a book are but this one takes the cake. Anyways I just wanted to share a few quotes from the book because I loved it so much.Ü
The Gift of Work
He who loves his work never labors
The Gift of Money
Money is nothing more than a tool. It can be a force for good, a force for evil, or simply be idle.
The Gift of Friends
It is a wealthy person, indeed, who calculates riches not in gold but in friends.
The Gift of Learning
Education is a lifelong journey whose destination expands as you travel.
The Gift of Problems
Problems can only be avoided by exercising good judgement. Good judgment can only be gained by experiencing life's problems.
The Gift of Family
Some people are born into wonderful families. Others have to find or create them. Being a member of a family is a priceless privilege which costs nothing but love.
The Gift of Laughter
Laughter is good medicine for the soul. Our world is desperately in need of more such medicine.
The Gift of Dreams
Faith is all that dreamers need to see into the future.
The Gift of Giving
The only way you can truly get more out of life for yourself is to give part of yourself away.
The Gift of Gratitude
In those times when we yearn to have more in our lives, we should dwell on the things we already have. In doing so, we will often find that our lives are already full to overflowing.
The Gift of a day
Life at its essence boils down to one day at a time. Today is the day!
The Gift of Love
Love is a treasure for which we can never pay. The only way we keep it is to give it away.
The Ultimate Gift
In the end, life lived to its fullest is its own ultimate gift.
"TheUltimate Gift," by Jim Stovall
6 comments:
I love that poem. I want to print it out. It has such a good meaning sissy.
Crazy! I just finished that book too! It was good huh? How are the classes going! I owe ya!
loved loved loved that book! I am in LOVE with your X5, that is our dream SUV! how is it in the snow? i just can't wait until we are a 2 car fam, but like you said it is so fun to get picked up. i can't wait to see some pic's of your cute new house!
My kids just watched the movie last Sunday. Funny.
Check out the movie. it was actually really good
I love you sissy! THank you for always being there for me! you are the greatest! I love talking to you on the phone, you are always there to talk to and to laugh with! I hope you have a great day
Post a Comment