- A good mattress!
- Our own furniture
- Decorations for our place (frames, pictures, etc)
- Most of my kitchen supplies- cookie pan, kitchen aid, rice cooker, etc. (cooking with one pan and one pot can be quite the experience)
- 1/2 of my clothes ( I am really missing my fall clothing right now)
Although we don't have alot out here with us, it really has taught us what is important in life and that it is not all about the things you own. I am grateful for the experiences that we have had together. Sometimes we laugh to think about where we live right now but we know it is only going to make our first home that much more wonderful. Here are some things that we did have this summer:
- Each other!!!
- New friends to keep us sane
- A car that runs smoothly
- Successful jobs
- Seeing new places
- Being a part of great wards
- Creating fun memories that we will remember forever!
We are excited to come back to Utah and see our family and friends! It is going to be a big change for us but change is good.
3 comments:
That's a great life lesson to learn. I've never had to pack up my car and move anywhere farther than a mile down the street. I think that would be an awesome experience to have lived in some other states with my husband before steeling down. Too late for me now, but it would have been pretty cool.
You are so cute sissy. You've definitely taught me a lot about living without things and being just fine. I remember visiting you last summer when you guys were in Minnesota and the walls were bare, the cupboards were bare, everything was bare. And you know what? It didn't matter one bit because you two still made it a warm place to be in. After the first impression faded I didn't really notice because I was with such great company. What a difference it makes in ones life to be surrounded by wholesome goodness rather than the physical things that you just can't take with you to the grave. xoxox sis and cannot wait until you are home!!
Yay Jess! We are so excited to have you guys back :)
Post a Comment