Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I feel old

Last weekend was a monumental weekend for us. We got our first babysitter! Grady has been watched countless times by Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, and cousins but we have never left him with an actual babysitter. I felt so awkward calling to ask, I felt like I needed lessons or something. We asked a sweet girl from our ward and Grady did so great. I was so proud of him. I am lucky that he loves people.
It was just such a weird feeling. I felt like I was officially a parent. I don't know how often I will be doing that but it was a good start for us. We went to a Ward Adult Activity and really had a nice time. I really can't imagine paying for a babysitter AND paying to go out to eat or to movie. Luckily our activity was free :)

4 comments:

Tyler and Sheena said...

I feel the same way. You did better than us though. I didn't get our first babysitter until my oldest was 6. Why get someone else when there are willing family members to do it for free. Teenagers are expensive these days.

Jess said...

haha I feel the same. We haven't got a babysitter yet, but I feel weird about it. I feel like I was just that "babysitter", Bring Grady to me anytime.

Tom and Tami said...

You are lucky to have family so willing to help! Wait until you have more kids, our avarage babysitting cost for one night is about $25-$30! It gets expensive!

Wardles said...

I still haven't gotten up the courage to call a babysitter yet, and Maggie's 2! Good for you guys! I'll have to take a lesson.