Monday, April 20, 2009

House Stuff


These are the lamps and bookshelves we got at Ikea. I am still figuring what to put on the shelves but I love them. It is so nice to finally be putting things away. I still don't really have anything hung up on the walls but it is a work in progress. I can only do a little bit at a time or else I get really overwhelmed.

 We finally got our blinds!! We have been in our house for 4 months and we just got our blinds. We have been using garbage bags taped over the window. I know, a little white trash. We are just really slow and getting things. But we love our new blinds, they make such a huge difference.

8 comments:

Jamie Nicole said...

So cute, so so so cute!!! I need to come and see it before you guys leave. :(. The book shelf looks great, and the blinds, my oh my, don't they look nice!!!

Lynsie said...

We still don't have real blinds and we've been in our house for almost two years. Why do they have to cost so much? I love your bedroom set and shelves!

Anonymous said...

I love those bookshelves. Another friend of mine has the same ones, and I covet them. If only I had a corner...

Don't worry about not having stuff on your walls. Wait until there is something you totally love. When we moved into our house, I was so rushed to decorate that I did a lot of stupid things, and now my walls are holey and I have to hang stuff just to cover the holes... resulting in even more holes. And I like big stuff, so the holes are a lot bigger since I have to use wall anchors. Oh boy! I've created such a mess!

jhgunnfamily said...

oh your house stuff is so cute I love ikea

Amanda Jean said...

Jess I love it! All of it looks so great especially the book shelf! very nice! I love you and hope you have a great day!

Hannah Demke said...

your house is so cute, wait did you get all the stuff for the bed at ikea as well?

Kyle and Amanda said...

I love your bed... we really need a new one. and really you are so cute... i couldn't imagine you not making anything you touch beautiful. Trust your inner decorator!

Andrea L. said...

Real blinds? I wasn't thinking "white trash" because they were actually "black trash" (ha ha ha). Anyway - your house is so cute. I am so glad that you guys finally have blinds, and then you have to leave :( We are going to miss you SO much.