Friday, April 10, 2009

Grandma's Birthday Present

Last night to celebrate my birthday my Grandma, my mom, Jamie and I went to Hale Theater to see Phantom of the Opera and to dinner at Olive Garden. This was my present from my Grandma. It was a great girls night out. I usually really like plays at hale theater and this one was good but just different than what I thought it would be. It wasn't really anything like the Phantom of the Opera that we are all familier with. It was still well done and we all had a good time. Grandma was on a role last night. Most of you know that my Grandma has Alzheimers. It is a sad disease but we love spending time with Grandma. Well, last night during a scene in the play (it was showing the phantoms story from when he was a boy) so its this really serious and dramatic part in the play and its dead quiet... the phantom had just been born and so they make a sound like a baby crying and then my Grandma as loud as possibly could says, "there's the cat!" Yep that's right she thought the baby crying was a cat. We all died...its was so funny. I know everybody in the theater heard her.Ü So then were at the restaurant and she was just being so funny, pulling funny faces and making us laugh. Then out of the blue she say, "It's my birthday!" and we said its not your birthday and she said, "yes it is." So we celebrated her birthday instead.Ü Thanks Grandmas for a great birthday night! We always have a good time with you.

4 comments:

Amanda Jean said...

That's too funny! I wish I could have been there with my girls!!! I miss you all so much but I am so excited to see you tonight! PS what is your favorite restaurant?

Lynsie said...

Happy Birthday Jess! I probably wouldn't have been able to stop laughing if my Grandma shouted that out. That's too funny.

jenae waters said...

Hey I am so glad I found you. I had no idea you and Regan got married! How fun is that. I still remember back in our dancing days all our boy talk about Regan. It looks like life is good for you guys. Our blog is ejwaters@blogspot.com

Kyle and Amanda said...

That is AWESOME! I wish I could be there
-Doll