I hope all of you are getting ready for Christmas and everything is going well for you. I love this time of year and I think its going to be a really great Christmas! I just can't seem to get anything done. A few days ago I had the thought "Oh I am not really even busy and I have plenty of time to get everything done", and now the thought I have just a few days later "AHHH there is no way I am going to get everyting done." Has anyone else had this thought? I know everything will turn out but it just amazes me how in just a matter of days it can change so fast. I still have all my Christmas shopping for Reg to do. I also for some reason decided to be really crafty and make all of these homemade gifts... don't know what I was thinking.Ü Oh and we are moving into our townhouse on the 19th, right before Christmas! AHH so exciting! Crazy times call for crazy measures.
However despite all of the craziness I still can't help loving this time of year. On Sunday our church meetings were extremely good and also listening to the Christmas devotional from the First Presidency has really made me think about the true meaning of Christmas. I know we hear about this alot but it has really hit me this year. I feel so blessed and really am so happy with what we have been given that I really don't want anything for Christmas. Times are tough and I think that for alot of people Christmas will be different this year. I think last night during the devotional President Uchdorf said that this economic problem may be a blessing in disguise. I would like to think of it that way during this time instead of worrying and focusing on the negative. Maybe we can get back to way Christmas was meant to be. Christ truly is the reason.
3 comments:
Jess, I love this post. I love that before I even read this, we were talking about it. I totally agree 100% with you. I love you Sis! You're such a great example to me.
That is a very good and positive way to think about things! I need to adopt that attitude too. Thanks for helping me think about things in a better way. :)
you are so good! Merry Christmas jazzy!
Post a Comment