Thursday, January 28, 2010

Grady Regan Nordgren

Our sweet little boy was born on January 20, 2010 at 11:58 pm. He weighed 7.8 pounds and was 19 inches long. He is healthy and strong and we are so in love with him. It was such a wonderful experience for both of us!
I started to feel contractions around 1:15 AM, by 2:30 Am they were 2-3 minutes apart so we headed to the hospital. By the time I got changed into the hospital gown my contractions had slowed and were less intense. Bummer! I was dilated to a 3 1/2 and was in early labor. I was given some morphine and sent home. At first I was bummed about this but it ended up being a really good thing cause the morphine helped alot and I was able to go home and sleep and eat. My cute husband kept record of all my contractions so we knew when it was getting closer. My mom and sister came and visited me at home and kept me company. Finally at 3:30 I couldn't bear the contractions any more and they were coming fast and hard so we headed back. They took me right in and within 15 minutes I had my epidural! Halajuah! Thank heavens for modern medicine. I was dilated to 41/2 and moving quickly. By 7:00 the nurses thought he was coming and prepped the room but that little stinker was not coming yet. I had to have a little pitocin to get my contractions more regular and to get me fully dilated. I was dilated fully on my left side but not my right side. Weird, I know. Around 11:00 I was able to start pushing. I was in another world. It was so strange, I was in the zone! Even though I had a epidural I could still feel when I needed to push so that was good. We had wonderful nurses and even though my midwife was out of town, the midwife that filled in for her was so great and nice! Really, I don't think it could have gone any better. He is such a sweet baby and we love him so much!




10 comments:

Lynsie said...

Oh Jessica! I am so happy for you guys! He is beautiful and looks like his mommy! It makes me so excited for my baby boy! We must have play dates for sure!

Alesha said...

YAh Congrats Jazz, he is so handsome! Good work! I didn't know we lived so close either! Maybe I should come visit, minus the kiddos!

Andrea L. said...

YAY! We love that little Grady. He is such a Dangerfield!!! You did awesome, and we are so glad that you are all doing well.

Amanda Jean said...

I love HIM!!!!!! I was so happy to see your post! tell him everyday how much I love him and can't wait to hold him!

Jess said...

You finally posted! Your labor story sounds almost just like mine...weird! He's so cute. I had a hunch you would name him Grady! I need to come see you.

Kathrin Paul said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jazzy! He is so adorable! Being a mommy is so great!

The Stone's said...

Oh my gosh! He is so cute! And that picture with Regan is PRICELESS! Is he a proud daddy or what?!

Jamie Nicole said...

He is the best thing ever. I can't stand it. He really is so precious!

Kristy and Dave said...

Oh, I LOVE the name you guys picked out for him! Congratulations - Regan looks like the proudest dad ever in that picture. Keep updating your blog with more pictures!